©Chris Fyan Photography
This is a super tasty, spicy, easy & delicious go-to breakfast that requires no oil or butter.
*You’ll need a toaster over to keep this easy (the regular oven will work, too, but takes a lot of heat/energy). If you use a microwave for this, I don’t want to hear about it.
Makes one serving. If you’re hungry, make two. If you make three, I hope you are sharing with someone else.
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread (or half of a large sourdough slice)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Red Onion
- Cheese (I like sharp cheddar, but go your own way)
- Siracha or other hot sauce (Siracha is thicker and looked better for the picture)
- Salt & Pepper
- Soft-boil an egg. Get one of these cool egg timers, it’ll make your life much easier.
- While the egg cooks, cut a few thin slices of tomato, red onion, and cheese .
- Lay the cheese on the bread first, then the tomato, and finally the thinly slice red onion.
- In a toaster oven, toast the topped bread until the edges begin to turn golden brown and the cheese is melted. The onions should just begin to look crisped.
- Spoon the soft-boiled egg onto the toasted bread.
- Top with Siracha, salt and pepper to taste.
Eat it right away as it cools quickly. Yum!